Monday 2 February 2009

I WANNA SEE BEIRUT!!!

BUT ALL THE TICKETS HAVE GONE!!!
NO I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT EASY JET. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE WORK OF AN AMBITIOUS YOUNGSTER NAMED ZACH CONDON

Friday 8 May 2009
The Forum
9-17 Highgate Road, Kentish Town
London NW5 1JY
United Kingdom


















Finding out about Beirut was one of the best things to happen to me (musically) in 2007. When I first heard their EP "Lon Gisland", I quickly proceeded to dig back in the past works by this fascinating act.

Beirut blends a lo-fi sound not unlike a group of East European gipsies with a folk feel like Sufjan Stevens with leader Zach Condon's voice coming across much like David Byrne. The result is an exquisite and upbeat album that makes your heart pound with excitement making you want to jump, clap and laugh, with "Postcards From Italy" being one of the highlights.

Thinking that this was Beirut's debut album just blows me away. If you like it, by all means pick up "Lon Gisland".



IF ANYONE CAN BLAG A TICKET OR HAS BOUGHT ONE AND NO LONGER WANTS TO GO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ;)
THIS GUT IS A HERO!!!! IF YOU DON'T KNOW HIM, HAVE A LISTEN ITS WORTH IT!

No comments: