Monday 10 November 2008

FASHION V SPORT

On Friday I attended the
Fashion V Sport: Design and Consumption Symposium (As i was in the book i had to show my support and of course be there for Kish!)

Before the talk took place I had a lil look around the V&A itself and to my amazement stumbled across the cafe, which I am deeply ashamed to admit that I have never been in. I was totally amazed, as it is absolutely amazing (check out my pics) who needs to pay to see a exhibition, when you have all that to see, just for a price of a cappuccino! AMAZING. Certainly beats Maccy D's.

The was a one-day event exploring the role of the fashion designer versus that of the sportswear designer, processes of collaboration between the worlds of fashion and sport, the role of the consumer. Hiroki Nakamura (Creative Director of Visvim) Prof. Mike Caine (Sports Technology and Innovation, University of Loughborough) Nic Galway (Head of adidas style) Chris Lee (Formerly Creative Director of Microzine, now JJB Sports) Kish (Trainer collector) Paul Gorman (Music journalist and author of The Look: Adventures in Rock & Pop.

After a long day of interesting discussions we all went for a few beverages in the "AMAZING" cafe, and then I took charge and took them all to one of my favourite Polish resturant's in London, Daquise. Not quite sure everyone else thought so! But hey we had a nice time.






























No comments: