Wednesday 5 August 2009

GIVE UP ART

Ever since i was a little kid i have liked things (as much as i hate to say it) Urban, I was Bobby Browns biggest fan, and proposed to choreograph BREAKDANCE THE MOVIE for my school Christmas play by the age of 6. Don't know where i got this love for all things "STREET"??? Afterall i did grow up in the Welsh Valleys????

As i got older i continued to love hiphop, RnB, Drum&Bass and then Garrrrrrage. But the one thing that always held me back from fully admitting my love for Garage music was the visuals, the graphics were always sooo naff!! Dodgy illustrations of chicks half naked on gradient magenta backgrounds with diamonds swirlling around their g-stringed batties!!! Actually i have to give it to MJ Cole his artwork has always been a step above the standard nonsense. With crisp photography and a concept, hence my extra love for his music!

So when i started listening to Dubstep i was really impressed and inspired with the graphics, even the timetable (before the re-design) on the RINSE FM website had my heart doing backflips!!!

I had always checked out who was the Designer on various Dubstep albums and only until today did i check out their site, the people that are guilty of making LDN's Dubstep scene extra crisp are CHECK IT OUT HERE and boy they certainly know how to produce great work.













NICE INIT
X

1 comment: