Sunday 5 April 2009

CARBOOT SALES ARE A CURE FOR EVERYTHING

Every time I am back in Wales my family always set time aside to entertain me, today my parents wanted to take me to Tenby (a pretty seaside town) as much as I love the sea air (especially the Welsh sea air) I decided I wanted and desperately needed to go to a carboot sale. No matter how many shops you go in and how many expensive things you see and buy (not that I really do that) there is nothing better or nothing that even come close to rummaging through other peoples unwanted junk. (Mind you, I do hate it when people sell new stuff at carboot sales, like bloody shower gel and crap that like as that kind of stuff belongs on a market not a carboot sale) I love the randomness of carboot sales you never know what you are going to pick up. And as i love anything kitsch and a bargain I cant think of a better place to be inspired.

So today I bought...
A plastic sky print tray for the bargain price of 20p


A silver/glass Indian bust(head) £1.50, I cant wait to try a few new hats and accessories out on this new lady friend of mine.
Just got to decide on a name for her now...


A commemorative, Wedgewood Charles and Diana plate, made the year I was born.
I could'nt resist this one especially as i am "The Princess of Wales" ;) What a bargain 50p


A lush 1950's floral jug to put my daffs in, slightly better than a pint glass and only 50p


A kitsch 1960's Double Diamond (my Grandfathers fav tipple) metal ashtray, i love these graphics so much and of course its my fav colour, yellow!



and as usual i could not resist buying some records, even though my turntable has been broken forever. Check out these wicked covers! I have been looking for this Sparks, Kimono record for ages!!!!! Defiantly one for the wall, just need to get some of those vinyl cover picture frames now.




here are some other records i was super happy to find





No comments: